Super Easy Sweeties — Florentines
Christmas is edging ever so close now, I can almost smell the turkey! 🙂 The thought (and need) of having little nibbles here and there is so overwhelming that, despite having mince pies and stollen piled up somewhere, I made some florentines tonight… hehe. And I’ll make some gingerbread men tomorrow.
So here’s how to make them!
100g butter or margarine
125g caster sugar
125g flaked almonds, roughly chopped
5 glace cherries, chopped
25g chopped mixed peel
15ml (1 tablespoon) single cream
225g plain or white chocolate
- Line 3 baking sheets with non stick baking paper. Preheat oven to 180’C (350’F / gas mark 4). Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the sugar and heat gently until dissolved, then boil for a minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the chocolate, stirring well to mix.
- Drop the mixture in small, well-rounded heaps onto the prepared baking http://healthsavy.com/product/cialis/ sheets. REMEMBER to allow enough room to spread. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes (or until golden brown), watch them after 7 minutes, they look fine one minute and burn the next!
- Remove from the oven and you can press around the edges with a knife to neaten the shape. Leave them on the baking sheets for 5 minutes until they’re starting to firm, then lift onto a wire rack. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth then drizzle on the lovely florentines! Leave to set.
I have to say I’m not entirely satisfied this time. They taste very nice and they are very delicate. But they’re a bit too thin for my liking. James loves them though, maybe next time I’ll add some flour in and see how much of a difference it’ll make. Anyway… nommy nice! As Ashleigh would say! x