Orange and Ginger Chocolate Fondants
It’s Masterchef final week this week, I can’t help but notice every time someone mutters the words “chocolate fondants”, John and Greg will go “oooooh risky…”. I don’t mean to be big-headed, but I happen to have the most fool proof recipe to make a super light and tasty chocolate fondant. It works all the time too, for me at least!
So here is a step by step guide, I hope you enjoy the same success as I have!
- 75g Dark chocolate (broken down in little pieces)
- 75g Salted butter (extra butter for greasing ramekins)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 37g caster sugar
- ½ tablespoon of plain flour (extra flour for ramekins)
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ Orange zest
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger (optional)
- Prepare your ramekins by smearing butter all over it. You need to make sure you leave nothing ungreased, as you will be cursing when you try to turn it out. Once greased, put a teaspoon of plain flour in, rotate and tapping it as you go, so that the inside of all containers are covered in flour.
- Preheat oven to 220'C. Place an oven http://healthsavy.com/product/accutane/ tray in the oven to preheat.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl, place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water as your chocolate will split. I've put a wooden spoon to separate the bowl and the pan, just so the steam can escape and not get too hot.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk together the eggs, egg yolk and sugar using an electric whisk. The finished consistency should be pale and thick.
- When the chocolate is all melting, stir gently to mix thoroughly with the butter. Grate in orange zest and ginger if using.
- Measure out the plain flour and ground ginger. Sieve into the bowl of egg mixture, gently fold in the chocolate mixture at the same time.
- Divide the batter into containers, place on the hot oven tray and bake for 6 to 7 minutes. (Timing is of essential here, set an alarm and don't wonder away.)
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- With a knife, gently run it round the container before turning them out onto plates. Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!