Mushroom & Pea Curry
Today I was feeling a bit down. But nothing a good dinner won’t fix! I decided it’s not a day for killing today, so we’re having mushroom and pea curry. Sometimes I think Ashleigh likes curry more than I do, and he can certainly eat some very hot food… Probably got that from his dad!
This is perfect for midweek dinner as it only takes 10 mins to cook, plus 10 minutes to chop and grind, within 20 minutes you have yourself a very nice veggie curry! Forgot to say, it’s taken from Madhur Jaffrey’s book which I mentioned in the related post, check it out it is a terrific book full of very easy and quick curries!
- 4 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 350g mushrooms, quartered
- 2 teaspoons very finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150g peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 300ml water
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, set over a high heat. When it is hot, put in the cumin seeds and let them sizzle for 10 seconds. Add the garlic, stir once and then add the mushrooms, ginger and chillies. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms turn silken.
- Put in the ground coriander and garam masala and stir for 30 seconds. Then add tomato puree, salt, peas, fresh coriander and water. Stir well and bring to the boil. Cover, turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the soured cream and cook gently for another minute, serve with rice!
Hmm… it was yummy and Ashleigh as usual, kept saying “More! More!” So it’s a thumb-up definitely!