Friday Night Fever – No, Burgers!
Friday night calls for a quick and yummy dinner, more so than any other days! We both had a busy day at work, Ashleigh is hungry as usual (and he really kicks up fuss when he’s hungry), everyone just yearn for some grub and chill out time really.
So what’s better than a quick burger? From start to finish it’ll take you half an hour, no more. This recipe is taken from BBCGoodFood website, as usual I missed a couple of things and added in a few things… but it’s http://healthsavy.com/product/soma/ basically the same. I added breadcrumb just because I have some stale bread lying around. The original recipe does not have that and I found the burger comes apart quite easily on the grill as there isn’t enough binding ingredients in it. But that’s my opinion, try it with or without, it still tastes yummy!
- 500g minced beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp worcester sauce
- some freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp of fresh breadcrumb
- 6 tbsp mayonaise1 big garlic clove, grated
- small bunch of dill, chopped
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Mix all the burger ingredients together, I used food processor to bliz the onion so no chopping! And get your hand dirty! Mix it with your hands and divide the mixture into 4 big juicy burgers (about 2 cm thick each). You can freeze them too!
- Mix all the dressing ingredients!
- Grill the burgers for about 6 mins each side, then get your sesame buns, salad, beef tomato and make your burger! Don’t forget the dressing!
The picture is rubbish I know… Ashleigh was having a big tantrum and won’t stop screaming, I had to plate up quickly so no time for pretty, cleverly angled pics… but they are nice!!! I’d love to put some gherkins in but I can’t justify buying a jar of it and only use it once a couple of months. Maybe I have to start making my own tartare sauce for fish and chips to use them up? Hmm… maybe.