Breakfast muffins with Apricot, Prunes and Raisins
For some reasons I bought a tub of prunes in the cupboard, and it’s been sitting there since forever. I think it’s for a recipe with pork chops…not sure. Anyway J was watching the England match last night, so I thought I’d make something instead of twindling my thumbs!
Here’s how to make them:
- 225g plain flour
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 50g porridge oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 100g vanilla super (or caster sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk ( I used semi skimmed, but you can use whole milk)
- 85ml veg oil (or canola oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- about 200g of your choice of ingredients! (berries, raisins, dried apricot, raisins, choc chips, etc)
- Preheat your oven to 190'C and line your muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flours, oats, baking powder and super.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, oil and vanilla. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Gently stir in your choice of added ingredients, I used 60g of raisins, 60g of chopped dried apricots and 60g of chopped prunes. But you can use absolutely ANYTHING!
- Bake for 20 - 25 mins or until risen and pale golden. Cool on a rack.
No more hungry mornings! Or afternoons… 🙂