This is my first proper post after Bite ‘n’ Write, and this time last week I was still in an adrenaline haze being the host of our first food blogger event… now it does seem like a while ago! I will have a write up about it I promise…
That’s why this saturday is all about chilling out and doing nothing. And J gets to get his much needed haircut! He very kindly took Ash with him so I can have a shower and get ready for the day. I was sooo tired today it’s untrue. I was determined to cook them something nice for lunch, but I couldn’t think of anything and the fridge was bare… I opened the cupboard and those tins of sweetcorns were literally glaring at me in the face. 🙂
So presto! Sweetcorn fritters it is!
- 1/2 cup of self http://healthsavy.com/product/xanax/ raising flour
- 1 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of bicarb
- 2 tbsp water
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cups sweetcorn (if frozen defrost)
- a handful of diced red pepper, red onions
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley/basil
- 1 tbsp of chopped mozarella
- oil for shallow frying
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, egg, salt, bicarb, water and ground pepper. The batter should be of a thick double cream consistency.
- Throw in all your veg/sweetcorn/cheese mix. You can pretty much throw in anything you like, my chosen ingredients were just based on what I found in the fridge. I tend to like to keep bits of scraps and throw them in omelette, fried rice or fritters.
- Heat some oil in the pan, when it’s hot, drop a large spoonful of mixture in the pan, fry for about 3 mins on one side (or until golden), flip and finish the other side.
- Serve with a chilli dip & salad.