Disgusting! I heard you say. Hot coke is not very appetising, I know. But don’t think of it as a glass of coke gone lukewarm in a summer day, think of it as a boiled and reduced to a spiced syrupy sticky gooey sauce with ribs! Yup that’s what I’m talking about, glad to have you back on track!
I made this with Bang Bang Chicken, and although James and I both loved the “strange” taste of the cold chicken, Ashleigh wasn’t so convinced. But he absolutely LOVES this, the finger licking stickiness is perfect for a toddler!
Coke Braised Sticky Ribs
- 700-800 g pork ribs
- 3 slices of ginger
- 1/2 red chilli
- 3 cloves of garlic bash with a knife
- 4-5 spring onions cut into 3 inches long sections
- 200 ml Coke DO NOT use diet coke/coke zero!!! The sweetener turns bitter when heated... evil!
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a casserole http://www.buyambienmed.com/ambien-online/ dish, slightly brown the ribs on both sides.
- Take the ribs out and fry the garlic, chilli, ginger and spring onions until fragrant.
- Put the ribs back in, pour in the sauce ingredients and top up with just enough water to cover the ribs.
- Bring to the boil then simmer with lid on for 30-40 mins.
- If the sauce is too thin, take out the ribs and boil the sauce with high heat, mix 1 tsp of cornflour with 1 tbsp of cold water, pour in the sauce and thickens.
- Put the ribs back in and coat with sauce.
- Top with chopped spring onions, chillies and sesame seeds.
So there you go, a dish guaranteed to raise eyebrows if you told your guests “it’s made with Coke”. Give it a go!