It’s been a very tiring 2 weeks… work do last Friday, bowling night this Thursday and on Friday night we went to celebrate J’s dad’s birthday. A very very late night for everybody and I am shattered, I didn’t even drink!
Thursday night I had horrible burgers/ chicken nuggets from the bowling place, Friday night we had Chinese takeaway at about 10pm… I feel like I’m been abusing my digestive system a little bit lately. So tonight, with a very tired mind and body, I tried to make something simple for dinner. Fridge scouring! And here’s what I produced, excuse my dreadful picture…
The best thing about this is that you only need 2 main ingredients (egg and potato) and some scraps from your fridge.
- 3 eggs
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 spring onion
- 1 slice of ham
- a handful of grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of paprika
- Peel the potato and slice into 3mm slices. Chop the spring onion.
- Heat the oil in a little skillet, fry the potato slices for 2 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, season with salt and pepper, add in ham, spring onion and cheese.
- Pour in the egg mixture and fry for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the paprika on top, place under a hot grill for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy with a side salad!
The best thing about this recipe is that, you can put anything you like in the frittata. Scrap pieces of pepper works really well, as well as tomatoes, chorizo, peas, sweetcorn, etc. Ideal for a lazy weekday dinner.