Pancakes & Veggie Stir-fry
We’re supposed to be going to the xmas food show in London today… but yesterday’s Thomas day out had beaten us and we are both feeling very drained 🙁 So to reserve some energy we decided to give it a miss. (what a shame… I was really looking forward to it!)
What better way to perk up a tired day? Pancakes of course!!! And equipped with a bottle of 100% pure maple syrup bought from the Good Food Show, the result is of course yum, yum, yum!
This is a very quick and easy recipe for pancakes, I know it’s not the fanciest, but it’s only got 4 ingredients and it’s very forgiving. I can remember it off by heart without referring to any books. It’s one of our firm breakfast favourites.
100g self-raising flour
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 egg (beaten)
- Put the self-raising flour and caster sugar into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the egg and milk into the flour and mix.
- Heat a saucepan http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/adhd/ (please use non-stick!)
- I don’t use any oil, but if you feel the urge then you can put a tiny bit of oil, especially if you’re not using a non stick pan)
- Pour in the batter when the pan is hot. (Keep it in medium heat)
- The pancakes should start bubbling and when the bubbles start to burst, it’s time to flip them over. (About 3-5 minutes)
- Cook on the other side for a further 2 minutes.
- Plate up!
Ashleigh loves pancakes!
While I’m here, I think I’ll show you what we had for dinner as well. It’s a veggie stir fry as my fridge is bare and we’re feeling stuffed from yesterday’s meat fest… (bacon sandwich for breakfast and McD for lunch! Followed by sausage rolls @ Thomas!!!)
The ingredients include: beancurd sheet, mu-er, chinese mushrooms, carrots, red onions, rice vermicelli. Maybe I’ll post the recipe another day, as 2 recipes in one post looks a bit crazy!
Ashleigh loved this too!