Low Fat Chocolate Cupcakes
Ashleigh has been crazy on chocolate lately. And cake. And all things sugary really. So for his treats I decided to make my own little chocolate cakes for him. Now before anyone lectures me about feeding your kids bad food, I know that this is not healthy and I won’t pretend that it is. But at least I know exactly what went into it, plus he does not eat this by the dozen. As I said it is a treat. He squealed in excitement when he saw this…
- 200g Self-raising flour
- 200g light muscavado sugar
- 6 tablespoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 150ml veg oil
- 100ml soured cream
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essense
- 100ml water
- 50g choc chips (or raisins or anything you like to put in)
- Preheat oven to 180’C, line your muffin tin (it’ll make 10 muffin-sized cake) or bun tin (makes 24).
- Whisk every apart from the choc chips together, with electric beaters until smooth with no lumps.
- Gently fold in the choc chips
- Fill the liners http://www.montauk-monster.com/pharmacy from half to 2/3 full, otherwise it’ll all spill out!
- Bake for 20 mins if you’re using a muffin tin, or 12 minutes if you’re using a bun tin.
- To test if they are cooked, stick a skewer in and if it comes out clean, it’s cooked! Or when it springs back after you pressed it lightly.
- Wait for a minute or two then lift them out onto a cool rack.
Now because I’m making these for Ash, I didn’t ice them. (That’d be too messy and sweet! Which I’m sure he’ll love, but I’m not approving!) For adults with self control (ah-ha), ice with chocolate icing.
P.S. Note that I said it’s low fat (since it has no butter in it… only some veg oil, and you can use canola oil to make it healthier), it’s not low sugar! For a no butter, no sugar sweet treat, check out my Butter and Sugar Free Flapjacks or Museli Yoghurt with Honey.